- Key Challenges and Opportunities
- Strategic Planning and Resourcing
- Delivering ESOL
- Materials and Tools
About this report
- Early in 2017 COSLA commissioned Research Scotland to deliver a programme of learning and support for those delivering and planning ESOL within the Syrian Resettlement Scheme. This will involve:
- a series of regional learning events;
- a national learning event; and
- a good practice guide.
- This report provides a brief overview of the main themes emerging from four events held in May 2017, so that learning can be shared at an early stage. The good practice guide will include more detail on the views and experiences shared at the events.
- Regional events were held in Glasgow (3 May), Stirling (15 May), Edinburgh (22 May), and Aberdeen (23 May). In total, 165 people participated the events. Each event brought together people from a range of organisations, interests and local authority areas. The events aimed to:
- offer those involved in the development and delivery of ESOL within the Syrian Resettlement Scheme the opportunity to meet others involved, explore and share current practice; and
- gather experiences to inform the development of the new guide which aims to support the development of practice across Scotland.