- Key Challenges and Opportunities
- Strategic Planning and Resourcing
- Delivering ESOL
- Materials and Tools
1.1 About this guide
In early 2017 COSLA commissioned Research Scotland to deliver learning and support for those delivering and planning English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) for adults who have been resettled in Scotland through current refugee resettlement schemes. The project was directed by an advisory group of key partners.
The support project involved:
- a series of four regional learning events – which brought together those involved in the planning or delivery of ESOL within the scheme to explore and share their experiences and practice;
- the development of this good practice guide – which brings together learning from the four regional events, and discussions with individual practitioners, experts, and learners; and
- a national learning event – to share the guide, and further enable learning amongst practitioners at a national level.